How do we deliberately align program offerings and activities with purpose and action? In this workshop you will learn about a creative opportunity that helps children feel empowered and builds resiliency in today's complex world.
Wing It Project is an experience that impacts a lifetime and reaches every child where they are at. To design learning around a personalized experience such as wings increases understanding of self and others, promoting valuable skills of choice, agency, and perseverance.
- Engage in a personalized activity that can be replicated with staff and their community
- Consider different ways libraries can get involved with Wing It Project to expand their reach
- Reflect on strategies that encourage discovery and discussion
- Identify emotional and social factors that connect individuals to their community
- Be intentional in creating inclusive environments that support diversity
ANASTASIA GAVALAS, MS SDA
Education Specialist & Advisor
Code of Conduct
For questions, please email Erin Hunter, email@example.com.
Professional Development Hours: 1 (.1 CEUs)
FOR OUR PARTICIPANTS - We have implemented a two step verification process for security purposes and to maintain accurate attendance records. You will need both a LILRC and a Zoom account.
If you do not already have a LILRC account you will be prompted to create one (if you have forgotten your password, and need help resetting it you can email Eliscia at firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you do not already have a zoom account you will be prompted to do so upon logging into the meeting. If this is the first time you are using Zoom, after you have created an account, you can join the meeting by entering the Meeting ID/ Password provided to you in the confirmation email. You can access all subsequent Zoom meetings by clicking the meeting link in the confirmation email.