This workshop offers the attendees the resources to begin a digital project and learn about commonly used metadata fields. This class will be for anyone wishing to learn more about these topics and is required for joining the New York Heritage Digital Collections website for the Long Island region.
- Here's what you'll learn:
- Deciding on a digital project
- Hands-on digitization examples
- Metadata - what is 'data about data'
- Understanding common metadata fields
- Setting up a spreadsheet for your collection items
Space is limited. NOTE: This is a repeat presentation - no new material will be covered if you have previously attended this workshop.
Code of Conduct
For questions, please email Eliscia Cirrone, email@example.com.
Professional Development Hours: 3 (.3 CEUs)
FOR OUR PARTICIPANTS -1. If you do not receive a confirmation email after registering, please contact Eliscia Cirrone, firstname.lastname@example.org to check your registration.
2. You will need both a LILRC and a Zoom account. You will need to sign into your zoom account prior to accessing the meeting. LILRC account is for registration & your Zoom account is to access the program.
3. If you do not have a Zoom account we recommend creating one ahead of the program.
4. If you have any questions regarding this program or registration and program access, please contact Eliscia Cirrone, email@example.com