The Riverhead Free Library seeks applicants for a Part-time Administrative Assistant. This employee reports directly to the Library Director and is responsible for all support activities for the Director by assisting with administrative duties, including but not limited to:
● Performing clerical duties, including correspondence and other communications.
● Maintaining the Director’s calendar—meetings and appointments.
● Processing meeting room applications.
● Maintaining statistics and producing reports for the Director or the Board as needed.
● Maintaining inventory and ordering of office supplies.
● Administer the staff sunshine club.
● Processing incoming and outgoing mail.
● Recording minutes at monthly Board Meeting.
● Coordinating Staff Appreciation Luncheon, and Annual Volunteer Luncheon.
● Maintaining records of the memorial donations and gifts.
● Assist with the management of employee compensation using ADP payroll software.
● May prepare bi-weekly payroll when necessary.
● Monday-Friday 9am-3pm (Day of monthly board meeting 2-8pm).
● Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
● Experience in a public library setting or related field preferred.
● Exemplary planning and time management skills.
● Expertise in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
● Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
● Ability to keep a variety of records and submit reports.
● Ability to exercise sound judgment, make quick decisions and perform well under pressure.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality of information handled.
● Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
● NYS Retirement system
● Salary to commensurate with experience
Please send letter of intent and resume to email@example.com by July 2, 2021