Reporting to the Library Director, the Electronic Resources Librarian will be responsible for the technological functions of the library and actively seeks new solutions to improve library processes and services. This role will be responsible for maintaining content for online resources. This position will be also responsible for first-line support, maintenance, and implementation of the library's broad range of systems, including the integrated library system, discovery tools, EZProxy authentication software, link-out applications, content management system, and chat service. The Electronic Resources Librarian will also serve as the library's primary technology liaison with the IT department. This position also participates in the formal educational efforts of the library, including the development of instructional materials, subject guides, web and video tutorials, and other support services, and participates in the overall growth and development of the library and its services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the workflow related to managing the life cycle of the Library’s electronic resources, including acquisition, licensing, discovery, access, maintenance, and evaluation.
- Responsible for maintaining content for online resources including ebooks, online journals, and databases using the e-resource access and management service tools such as EZProxy, Serials Solutions, and Primo.
- Establishes publisher / vendor relationships related to maintenance of online resources.
- Supports and improves access to and discovery of library entitlements across multiple platforms.
- Participates and collaborates with library colleagues across the Health System and across the University. This includes representing the library during library systems meetings and content management meetings.
- Provides support, maintenance, and implementation of the library's broad range of systems.
- Troubleshoot and work to resolve complex access and technical problems, respond to reported issues, and work with internal and external partners to fix issues in a timely manner.
- Provides recommendations for the design, organization, and content of the library website and library content management system, LibGuides.
- Performs inventory of the library’s equipment (computers, laptops, peripherals, etc.) and computer software used by the library and by the library’s patrons and coordinate maintenance, updates, and upgrades with the IT department.
- Prepares reports for the Library Director by collecting and formatting usage statistics provided by vendors and publishers for the evaluation of the library resources.
- Provides professional reference, informational, and consultation services to faculty, students, and staff supporting their education, teaching, and research needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Master's Degree in Library Science (MLS or Library and Information Science (MLIS), or related fields or another relevant advanced degree required.
Licensure: Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP), preferred
- 1-2 Years Experience with academic library systems, applications and solutions such as SirsiDynix, Primo, Serials
- Solutions, EZProxy software, QuickDoc, and LibApps suite of applications.
- 1-2 Years Medical, health sciences, hospital or health-related library settings. (preferred)
- 1-2 Years Experience in implementing or migrating library related technologies and systems. (preferred)
- Strong service orientation with excellent oral and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills and working knowledge of library technologies, electronic software and resources.
- Strong database searching skills, e.g., PubMed, Scopus, and CINAHL.
- Familiarity with emerging trends and best practices related to online resources and related user services issues.
- Ability to use technology for instructional and information purposes, e.g., learning management systems, content management systems, collaborative research and productivity tools, screen recording and video editing software.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, e-mail, video conferencing, and web applications.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with abilities to take initiative, manage tasks and priorities, and meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and three references at: https://jobs.nyulangone.org/job/14217266.
About NYU Long Island School of Medicine and NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island
NYU Long Island School of Medicine—a partnership between New York University and NYU Langone Health—educates exemplary physicians and academic leaders in primary care. We prepare graduates to deliver outstanding patient care and become authorities in local and national health systems. Our graduate medical education programs offer postgraduate medical education training in more than 20 specialties. Throughout our programs, we encourage research collaboration in basic, clinical, and translational sciences to solve today’s most urgent healthcare challenges.
NYU Long Island School of Medicine, opened in 2019, became the first medical school in the nation to offer an exclusive three-year MD program. For more information about undergraduate medical education at NYU Long Island School of Medicine, visit https://medli.nyu.edu/.
NYU Langone Hospital—Long Island is a 591-bed university-affiliated medical center, which offers sophisticated diagnostic and therapeutic care in virtually every specialty and subspecialty of medicine and surgery. We are a major regional healthcare resource with a deep commitment to medical education and research, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services.
We have a commuter friendly campus. There is a Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) station conveniently located across the street from our Long Island campus; making the journey time to either midtown Manhattan (New York Penn Station) or downtown Brooklyn (Barclays Center) about 40 minutes.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.