The Regional Scan Center provides equipment for member institutions to digitize materials. LILRC provides equipment for staff to use on site. In addition, two mobile scanning units that include a laptop and flatbed scanner that can be used at your institution through the Equipment Loan Program (see Equipment Loan Request). LILRC does not provide staffing to do the digitization.
Who Can Use It?
- Member library staff who have received training on the equipment.
- LILRC does not provide staffing for the digitization.
What materials can be scanned?
- Materials owned by the institution.
- The institution takes full responsibility that it has the rights and permissions to digitize the materials.
- LILRC is not responsible for damage to items that may occur during the digitization process.
- An initial training session will be provided for institutional staff.
- Support will be provided in basic operation of the equipment.
- Institutions will provide their own storage for digitization files. The storage can include cloud storage. Storage on LILRC devices is not allowed. USB connections are available to connect thumb drives or external drives.
- Minimal image editing software is provided. It is recommended the institution make arrangements to do all image editing in house and use the Regional Scan Center for digitization only.
Only scheduled appointments are allowed between the hours of 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM, and will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis.