Open until Filled
The SUNY Old Westbury Library seeks to hire a part-time evening and weekend Circulation Supervisor. This part-time position will report to the Library Director.
- Supervise the Circulation services and desk operations.
- Coordinates shelving and stacks management.
- Assists with Reserves and Circulation.
- Train and supervise student workers.
- Help coordinate service schedules to maximize use of student workers.
- Assist in planning and implementation of ongoing training of student workers.
- Assist with workflows as needed, including reserves processing, ILL processing, retrieval, shelving, and resolving service issues.
- Assist with quality control of services, workflows, and efficiency in Circulation.
- Provide advanced-level assistance on patron account issues as needed.
- Collaborate with the Library Director on service coverage, process improvements, workflow analysis, and service improvements.
- Assist with data collection and assessment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Specific Skills:
- Strong supervisory and management skills.
- Knowledge of library systems and applications.
- Experience working with office software and tools.
- Strong skills in public or customer service and efficient service.
- Strong skills in understanding, analyzing, and solving problems related to library service and operations.
- Creativity, flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills.
SUNY Old Westbury serves large populations of underrepresented, first-generation, and non-traditional students. Candidates with experience working with a similar student body, and a demonstrated commitment to supporting these populations, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Since its foundation in 1965, SUNY Old Westbury has been committed to social justice, diversity, and the empowerment of traditionally underserved populations. The College serves a large proportion of non-traditional students and has earned the prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award from Insight into Diversity magazine for four consecutive years.
Located on a 604-acre campus on Long Island, Nassau County, about 40 miles from New York City, SUNY Old Westbury comprises four Schools (Education, Business, Arts and Sciences and Professional Studies) with total enrollment of 4400 students, of which approximately 2800 are in B.A., B.S., B.F.A. and M.S. programs offered by the School of Arts and Sciences. For more details about the College at Old Westbury, please refer to our website at www.oldwestbury.edu.
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- One (1) year experience in a public services or customer service environment.
- Lead and/or supervisory experience, preferably in a public services or customer service environment.
- Experience working with different technologies
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two (2) years' experience in a library, public services or an academic setting;
- Supervisory experience, preferably in a public services or customer service environment.
- Sunday - 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Monday - 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Tuesday - 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Wednesday - 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Thursday - 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Friday Off
- Saturday Off
Note: Summer and holiday schedule will change and may include earlier or later shift and one weekend day off.
Please submit the following online at https://oldwestbury.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=153982
- cover letter,
- contact information (name, email address and telephone number) for three (3) references, and
- a fully completed Old Westbury employment application (available during the online application process).
Only applications submitted online will be considered.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: October 30, 2022
VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
Employment in this position will be contingent on the College’s verification of credentials and any other information required by federal or state law, and SUNY Old Westbury polices, including the completion of a criminal background check.
The successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
The State University of New York at Old Westbury is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.