PART-TIME PAGE POSITION AVAILABLE
Syosset Public Library has a part-time page position available. Hours will include days, evenings, every other Saturday, and Sunday rotation for 15+ hours per week.
Starting Salary: $12/hour
The Syosset Library is a member of the New York State Retirement System.
Fill out an application at the library, download from the website at WWW.Syossetlibrary.org/about-us/employment or email letter or resume to:
Pam Martin, Assistant Library Director, email@example.com.
Part-Time Position Available
The South Country Library is looking for a children’s librarian or children’s librarian trainee to work with our cooperative, creative, community-oriented Children’s team. We need someone who is enthusiastic for children’s literature and programming.
The position is for 8 hours per week, one night and one morning per week and one Saturday per month.
Responsibilities include active reference service to a diverse community and creating and implementing programs for children and caregivers.
Candidate will be working directly with children birth through 5th grade.
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to:
Please submit resume by August 1, 2019
WE ARE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Full Time Position-Circulation Department Head Clerk
Ability to use computer programs for circulation functions.
Knowledge of SIERRA.
Work independently, accurately, and with attention to detail.
Customer oriented service experience.
Responsible for day to day supervision of staff and, in the absence of the Supervisor, the general operation of the department.
Three (3) Years of Prior Experience as a Clerk is Required.
Full Time- 35 hours per week
Includes some evenings and weekends
$38,730+ with experience
Plus full benefits package
Visit our website at www.greatnecklibrary.org for library information.
The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Join Our Team! Part-Time Children’s Librarian Position Available
The Oceanside Library is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, dedicated individual to join our team and be part of cutting-edge programming, children’s reference services, outreach and emerging technologies.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs Children’s Reference Desk duties and provides library services to children of all ages from birth through sixth grade, tweens, teachers, parents/caregivers, schools and special populations in the community.
• Plans and presents programs on and off-site in group setting, such as storytimes, book discussions, class visits, scout visits, specialty programs and informational programs about library resources to serve the ever-changing needs of the library community. Also, assists the Department Head plan and coordinate outreach activities and events.
• Assist patrons with online program registration.
• Participate in ordering and weeding of the children’s collection as well as compiling themed bibliographies using print and online resources.
• Provides assistance to library users on computers/technology items, mobile devices and apps. Connects library users and trains staff as needed on new emerging technologies. Also responsible for the set-up and take down of technology equipment as needed.
• Attends meetings/workshops as requested by Department Head.
• Assists with supervising volunteers as needed.
• MLS Degree in Library Science from ALA Accredited program.
• NYS Public Librarian’s Certificate.
• Excellent customer service and hospitality, presentation and technology skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn new emerging technologies, and work cooperatively and collaboratively. Ability to work on an individual basis and in a team environment.
• Knowledge of SIERRA/EventKeeper is a plus.
• MUST be willing to work a flexible schedule – daytime, evening, weekend shifts.
Oceanside Library is an Association Library and is not subject to Civil Service requirements. Oceanside Library is a member of the New York State Retirement System. EOE.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Amityville Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Part time Children's Librarian, or Trainee for its Children's Department
Civil Service Requirements:
Trainee candidates must be currently enrolled in an ALA accredited library school and pursuing a certificate in Children's Services in the Public Library with at least (3) credits completed in Children's Literature or Public Library Services for Children.
Librarian I (Children's Services) candidates must have a Master's Degree in Library Science(MLS) or a Master of Science in Information Science (MSIS) from a library school that is accredited by the American Library Association or registered by the New York State Education Department, including or supplemented by a minimum of twelve (12) credits of course work in children's services, with at least three (3) credits in children's literature.
Please e-mail resumes by Friday, July 28, 2019
Celine Lieffrig Head of Children's Services Amityville Public Library email@example.com
19 John Street Amityville, NY 11701
Part-Time Adult Librarian I Position Available
The Levittown Public Library is currently seeking an energetic Librarian dedicated to public service to work in our Adult Department. Candidates will be required to work up to 17 hours per week. Schedule will include night and weekend hours.
• Provide general and in-depth reference services using a variety of print and online resources, both in person at the public service desk and by phone, and via text.
• Assist the Department Head with the selection and ordering of library materials using online sources.
• Provide assistance to library users on computers/technology items, mobile devices and apps.
• Other projects as assigned.
• MLS Degree in Library Science and NYS Public Librarian’s Certificate.
• Previous experience working as an Adult Librarian and knowledge of adult literature.
• Excellent customer service, oral and written communication, presentation and technology skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn new emerging technologies, and work cooperatively and collaboratively.
• Must be a Nassau County Resident.
Hourly Salary Range:
• $24.11 - $28.44
This is a non-competitive Civil Service Position.
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume by Friday, July 26, 2019 to: Maryann Ferro, Assistant Library Director firstname.lastname@example.org
EARLY CHILDHOOD COORDINATOR (LIBRARIAN II)
Connetquot Public Library seeks a visionary addition to our Children’s Services Department. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of a monumental shift in the profession, as public expectations of a library experience are moving towards a progressive service-based model driven by education, technology and community-centric space.
● Supervise the Early Childhood division of the Children’s Services department.
● Create, coordinate, oversee and participate in engaging classes and events for birth through pre-K.
● Have an understanding of all library initiatives & services, including: curriculum, school outreach and community service, in addition to all physical and digital resources.
● Possess an eager, constructive and collaborative dedication to fulfilling the Connetquot Public Library’s mandate of aiding our young members and their parents to enrich their minds while exploring their world.
● Provide information/referral services, reader's guidance and basic technology support at the Children’s Services Reference desk.
● ALA accredited MLS or equivalent. Library Media Specialist certification preferred.
● Reachable on the Suffolk County Civil Service Librarian II list, or eligible for transfer.
● Supervisory experience with the ability to lead in times of change and to provide proactive solutions to new challenges.
● You believe that motivating and inspiring your colleagues is instrumental in your own personal growth and success.
● You are passionate about working with library members and helping to redefine their expectations of library service in the modern world.
● You love and are comfortable working with children and their families, as they are the reason you chose to pursue this career in education.
● Mastery and understanding of all user-based technologies, such as email, social media, & mobile devices.
Salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in joining our team, you may submit your resume and cover letter online at:
Part-time Librarian I Position
The Island Trees Public Library is looking for an enthusiastic, flexible librarian who enjoys working with patrons of all ages for up to 17 hours per week. Schedule will include day, evening and weekend hours.
Knowledge of Sierra, Encore, Eventkeeper, Apps and Social Media.
Knowledge of general reference databases and able to perform online searches.
Knowledge of ILL using NLS and out of network sources.
Provides technology assistance with electronic resources and digital devices: public computers, laptops, Chromebooks, iPads, eReaders.
Other related duties as assigned.
MLS Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program.
NYS Public Librarian’s Certificate.
Must be a Nassau County resident.
Effective collaboration skills and the ability to function individually and in a team environment.
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Marilyn Adamo, Head of Reference, email@example.com
Position is open until filled.
Long Island Library Resources Council627 N. Sunrise Service RoadBellport NY, 11713Phone: (631) 675-1570
subscribe to our newsletter
DirectionsAbout UsStaffOur Sponsors