The Glen Cove Public Library in Glen Cove, NY seeks an organized, team oriented part time Children’s Librarian to assist children and parents in an active Children’s Room, under the mentorship of the Youth Services department head.
● MLS from an accredited program
● knowledge of children's literature and current trends
● strong technology skills, including eReaders and iPads
● commitment to family services, with excellent customer service skills
● bilingual (English/Spanish)
● providing reference services and resource recommendations using print, media, and digital resources
● assisting with collection development, ensuring it is diverse, current, relevant, and meets the needs of the community
● fostering digital literacy and providing age-appropriate technology instruction to children
● assisting with storytime and programs, other duties as required
The part time Children’s Librarian hours are flexible during the week and include one evening. One Saturday/Sunday per month is required, for a total of 16 hours per week. Starting Salary: $30.00 per hour
Submit resumes to: Carol Cowan, email@example.com by March 31, 2020.