The Glen Cove Public Library in Glen Cove, NY seeks an organized, team oriented trainee to assist children and parents in an active Children’s
Room, under the mentorship of the Youth Services department head.
● enrolled in an accredited MLS program
● knowledge of children's literature and current trends
● strong technology skills, including eReaders and iPads
● commitment to family services, with excellent customer service skills
● bilingual (English/Spanish)
● providing reference services and resource recommendations using
print, media, and digital resources
● assisting with collection development, ensuring it is diverse, current,
relevant, and meets the needs of the community
● fostering digital literacy and providing age-appropriate technology
instruction to children
Trainee hours are Monday evenings 5-9pm, and weekday afternoons. One
Saturday/Sunday per month is required, for a total of 16 hours per week.
Salary: $23.00 per hour.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com by February 14, 2020.