The John Jermain Memorial Library, located in historic Sag Harbor, seeks applicants for a full-time Technology Coordinator position. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate with our forward-thinking staff in the use of technology to serve the library’s mission through staff training, public outreach, and digitization initiatives.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Maintenance and security of network-infrastructure,
- Maintaining and installing hardware, AV equipment, computers, portable devices and printers;
- Reviewing and updating security monitoring systems;
- Installation of software, software updates and cloud-based applications;
- Monitoring website and updating content and links;
- Maintaining vendor and consortium relationships;
- Creating statistical reports;
- Discovering, suggesting and implementing newly developing technologies;
- Training staff in cyber-security and technology;
- Patron technology assistance;
- Community programming.
Required skills include flexibility; a collaborative spirit; experience working in public service; familiarity with both Mac and PC platforms; and expertise in Microsoft Office, WordPress, and Google Suite management. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additional education or professional certification, public library experience, experience with Sierra Circulation System, experience with digitization and/or editing of audio and video files is preferred. Candidates with MLS, MLIS, or similar degrees are encouraged to apply.
Schedule may include weekend and evening hours. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include NYSHIP health insurance, TIAA CREF retirement plan, paid vacation and sick leave, and a partial-tuition reimbursement program. Please send resume and letter of application to Catherine Creedon, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9/26/19.
John Jermain Memorial library warmly welcomes applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, nationality or ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.