The West Islip Public Library is seeking enthusiastic librarians for a part-time Reference and Adult Service position.
One position for up to 17.5 hours weekly, which may include weekend and nighttime shifts.
Skills and abilities should include:
• Ability to provide reference and readers’ advisory services to library users.
• Knowledge of and comfort with computer technology, mobile devices, scanners, and online database systems.
• Ability to problem solve and understand the needs of library users.
• MLS/MLIS from ALA-accredited school.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Mastery and understanding of all user-based technologies.
Hours may include evenings and one Saturday a month.
Please send all resumes to Maureen Heuer, Head of Adult Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org