Join Our Team! Part-Time Children’s Librarian Position Available
The Oceanside Library is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, dedicated individual to join our team and be part of cutting-edge programming, children’s reference services, outreach and emerging technologies.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Performs Children’s Reference Desk duties and provides library services to children of all ages from birth through sixth grade, tweens, teachers, parents/caregivers, schools and special populations in the community.
• Plans and presents programs on and off-site in group setting, such as storytimes, book discussions, class visits, scout visits, specialty programs and informational programs about library resources to serve the ever-changing needs of the library community. Also, assists the Department Head plan and coordinate outreach activities and events.
• Assist patrons with online program registration.
• Participate in ordering and weeding of the children’s collection as well as compiling themed bibliographies using print and online resources.
• Provides assistance to library users on computers/technology items, mobile devices and apps. Connects library users and trains staff as needed on new emerging technologies. Also responsible for the set-up and take down of technology equipment as needed.
• Attends meetings/workshops as requested by Department Head.
• Assists with supervising volunteers as needed.
• MLS Degree in Library Science from ALA Accredited program.
• NYS Public Librarian’s Certificate.
• Excellent customer service and hospitality, presentation and technology skills.
• Ability and willingness to learn new emerging technologies, and work cooperatively and collaboratively. Ability to work on an individual basis and in a team environment.
• Knowledge of SIERRA/EventKeeper is a plus.
• MUST be willing to work a flexible schedule – daytime, evening, weekend shifts.
Oceanside Library is an Association Library and is not subject to Civil Service requirements. Oceanside Library is a member of the New York State Retirement System. EOE.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org