The Amityville Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Part time Children's Librarian, or Trainee for its Children's Department
- The ability to work with parents and children from birth through Grade 6
- Strong communication skills are needed to assist in reader's advisory and reference help.
- Familiarity with children's literature
- Creativity and ability to run children's craft programs and or story times.
- The position is up to 17 1/2 hours per week with hours to include Tuesday's, 4-9 p.m. Wednesday, 5-9 and Thursdays from 1-9 p.m. This position will also include every third Saturday from 1-5 p.m.
Civil Service Requirements:
Trainee candidates must be currently enrolled in an ALA accredited library school and pursuing a certificate in Children's Services in the Public Library with at least (3) credits completed in Children's Literature or Public Library Services for Children.
Librarian I (Children's Services) candidates must have a Master's Degree in Library Science(MLS) or a Master of Science in Information Science (MSIS) from a library school that is accredited by the American Library Association or registered by the New York State Education Department, including or supplemented by a minimum of twelve (12) credits of course work in children's services, with at least three (3) credits in children's literature.
Please e-mail resumes by Friday, July 28, 2019
Celine Lieffrig Head of Children's Services Amityville Public Library email@example.com
19 John Street Amityville, NY 11701