EARLY CHILDHOOD COORDINATOR (LIBRARIAN II)
Connetquot Public Library seeks a visionary addition to our Children’s Services Department. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of a monumental shift in the profession, as public expectations of a library experience are moving towards a progressive service-based model driven by education, technology and community-centric space.
● Supervise the Early Childhood division of the Children’s Services department.
● Create, coordinate, oversee and participate in engaging classes and events for birth through pre-K.
● Have an understanding of all library initiatives & services, including: curriculum, school outreach and community service, in addition to all physical and digital resources.
● Possess an eager, constructive and collaborative dedication to fulfilling the Connetquot Public Library’s mandate of aiding our young members and their parents to enrich their minds while exploring their world.
● Provide information/referral services, reader's guidance and basic technology support at the Children’s Services Reference desk.
● ALA accredited MLS or equivalent. Library Media Specialist certification preferred.
● Reachable on the Suffolk County Civil Service Librarian II list, or eligible for transfer.
● Supervisory experience with the ability to lead in times of change and to provide proactive solutions to new challenges.
● You believe that motivating and inspiring your colleagues is instrumental in your own personal growth and success.
● You are passionate about working with library members and helping to redefine their expectations of library service in the modern world.
● You love and are comfortable working with children and their families, as they are the reason you chose to pursue this career in education.
● Mastery and understanding of all user-based technologies, such as email, social media, & mobile devices.
Salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in joining our team, you may submit your resume and cover letter online at: