Bryant Library Assistant Director
The Bryant Library seeks a dynamic administrator to work collaboratively with the Library Director, Board of Trustees and staff to ensure that the needs of our patrons are met and satisfied.
• Assist the Director with a wide variety of administrative tasks such as budget preparation, writing policies and procedures, staff selection and development of new services, and is directly responsible for overseeing personnel matters within the library.
• As a member of the administrative team, provide input and assistance to the Director in strategic and long range planning.
• Ensures outcome of assigned administrative areas are aligned with the Director’s organizational goals and agenda.
• Serves as liaison between departments, and other agencies affiliated to the library; negotiates and resolves significant issues.
• Participates in the development and administration of departmental budgets; directs and coordinates budget monitoring system; provide policy direction and operating procedures regarding expenditures.
• General supervision of staff.
• Attend monthly Board meetings.
• Assist in the development of improved customer service practices and techniques.
• Conduct staff meetings/training sessions with all staff.
• Work with Facilities Manager to provide a safe environment for both patrons and staff.
• Manages the facilities maintenance of the library including planning and budgeting, service agreements, and vendor performance, providing recommendations to the Director.
• Oversee the storage and disposal of archival and business office documents.
• Represent the Library at community and group meetings, including Friends of Bryant Library.
• Act as the Director in his/her absence.
• Assist the director in the writing and implementing of grants.
• Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
• The ability to express oneself effectively, both orally and in writing.
• The ability to delegate, supervise and collaborate with staff.
• General knowledge of public service management theory and practice, including the preeminence of customer satisfaction, financial and strategic planning using goals and objectives, staff development and supervision methods, time management, organizational skills, and community relations.
• Possess strong leadership skills.
• Master of Library Science Degree from an ALA accredited graduate library school.
• Minimum of five years administrative experience.
All of the above is subject to change based on the Library’s needs.
Salary Commensurate with Experience, full benefits package, NYS Retirement System.
Email cover letter and resume by Friday, June 28, 2019 to Victor Caputo, Library Director, Bryant Library, 2 Paper Mill Road, Roslyn, NY 11576, at email@example.com.