Part-Time Computer Technician Position Available
Who you are:
• You understand customer needs and enjoy connecting them with the right solutions
• You are a team player who thinks quickly on your feet.
• You are organized, detail-oriented, and keep things in tip-top order
• You are an active listener; you’re intuitive to people’s needs
• You engage well with others and are passionate about providing exemplary customer experience.
• You are a good listener with lots of patience.
• Whether in front of a group of people or working one-on-one, you’re a natural-born teacher.
• You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
• You are out on the floor, you provide an amazing library experience to each and every customer helping them make a PC reservation, print, save, download eBooks and answer their computer questions.
• You are the go-to technology genius when a staff member needs help with a technology question or problem. You troubleshoot problems, find solutions, and effectively communicate the status with staff members.
• You know your way around technology, having the ability to teach new users, customers and staff about basic computer skills including printing, saving, e-mail, answering Microsoft Office questions, and navigating the Internet.
• You are an inventory pro maintaining and purchasing the Library’s printing supplies, computer hardware and software and recommend purchases of new computer equipment and supplies to your supervisor.
• You have a passion for getting technology, software and hardware, out to our staff and customers as quickly as possible with accuracy and neatness under the direction of your supervisor.
• You ensure that all computers are maintained with the latest versions of software and browsers.
• You set-up laptops, projectors, and TVs for library programs, webinars, and meetings making sure they are ready for action.
Civil Service Qualifications:
• Graduation from a standard senior high school or the possession of a high school equivalency diploma,
• One (1) year of technical computer experience which includes monitoring, maintaining or repairing computer systems and/or experience in the modification of such systems.
NOTE: Additional education in a related field including Computer Science or instruction in the maintenance, repair or modification of computer systems attained at an accredited college or university or from a non-degree-granting computer training institution will be substituted for up to six (6) months of experience.
Must meet Civil Service requirements. No exceptions will be made.
17.5 hours per week
Monday: 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Thursday: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday: 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
May require every third Saturday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the future
May include Sundays, from October to May
Please submit all applications to email@example.com by Monday, May 13th.
Salary: $17.72 /hour