The West Babylon Public Library is seeking a creative, customer-service oriented and engaging Part-Time Librarian for a Youth Services position. This qualified candidate should possess one-plus years of professional librarian experience.
• Ability to provide outstanding reference, reader’s advisory, and referral services to children, teens and families
• Experience in conducting programs and developing collections for the Youth Services population
• Assist with our Battle of the Books programs
• Demonstrate and promote the Library’s digital services
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Exhibit a positive attitude towards patrons and coworkers
• Willingness to work as a team member
• Occasionally staff a busy Adult Reference Desk
• MLS from an accredited Library School and a valid New York State Public Librarian Certificate
• Flexibility is needed
• Ability to work 17 hours weekly that includes several evenings and weekend shifts
• $30.18 hourly.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by Friday, April 26, 2019 to Nicole Haas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your schedule availability as well as two references.