Position Open: Cultural Program Specialist
The North Merrick Public Library is seeking a Cultural Program Specialist.
The typical work shift will be 20 daytime hours per week, Monday through Friday; occasional evenings or weekends may be required.
The appointed candidate will be deemed “provisional” by the Nassau County Civil Service Commission, and that agency will verify that the minimum qualifications (below) have been met before the appointment will be made. After being appointed, sometime in the next year, a new civil service list for this position will be advertised and established by the Civil Service Commission. Upon creation of the new civil service list, the incumbent candidate must be “reachable” to continue to stay employed in the position.
Typical duties include:
• Planning and booking library programs.
• Corresponding / communicating with persons providing library programs.
• Accompanying library patrons on bus trips.
• Creating flyers and press releases to promote library programs.
• Preparing reports relevant to the position.
• Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university, and,
• One year of experience in conducting cultural or recreational services, events or programs. NOTE: Experience, as outlined above, in excess of the one-year requirement may be substituted for college education on a year-for-year basis up to a maximum of four years.
Starting Salary: $20.00 per hour
Please call Kelly Rechsteiner at 378-7474 ext. 27 to schedule an interview.