The Patchogue-Medford Library is seeking an energetic librarian dedicated to public service to work in the Central Reference & Adult Services Department. Candidates will be required to work 12-16 hours per week and are expected to actively contribute to the department’s programs and services.
- Provide research and reader’s advisory services at a busy reference desk
- Instruct public in the usage of library resources and technology
- MLS from an ALA accredited library school or completion of 12 credits towards the degree
- Understanding of proactive customer service
- Technology skill set appropriate for an information professional in today’s environment
- Desire to work in a diverse community
Duties and/or department may vary; flexibility in work schedule and/or location may be required; evening and/or Saturday hours may be required. Local History knowledge and/or Foreign Language Ability is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit a copy of their resume with cover letter via mail or email ASAP to:
Coordinator of Adult Services
54-60 East Main St.
Patchogue, NY 11772
(631) 654-4700, ext. 230