Announcement is hereby made for a full-time, tenure track appointment beginning the fall 2018 semester on the Ammerman Campus in Selden. Suffolk County Community College is an open admissions institution committed to serving a diverse student population in a variety of degree and career programs.
This is a Unit III position covered under the Faculty Association of Suffolk County Community College collective bargaining agreement with the College. The individual selected to fill this position will qualify for academic rank at the level of Instructor/Assistant Professor.
Reporting to the Director for the Center of Innovative Pedagogy, the Central Technical Services Librarian will work as part of a team to provide access to library resources to users in a multi-campus environment. Specifically, the successful candidate will:
· Work with the campus libraries and library-wide committees to license and provide access to library electronic resources.
· Catalog and edit bibliographic records for the library’s print and non-print collections.
· Develop and coordinate training on library information systems.
· Market library resources to the college community.
· Maintain effective communication and working relationships with faculty, administration, staff and library users on all three campuses.
· Participate on relevant committees, attend departmental meetings, and engage in assessment activities as appropriate.
· Act as liaison with SUNY library groups and the Suffolk County Library System, and other appropriate state and regional groups.
· Perform other duties and related tasks as assigned.