Apply By: November 30th
Part Time Circulation Clerk(s)
The Great Neck Library is seeking a friendly, approachable part time clerk(s)* for the Circulation department to greet, guide and assist our patrons in person and on the telephone.
*2nd clerk position (contingent**) available due to recent promotion!
**contingent permanent position, meaning that this position is left temporarily vacant by reason of a promotion. Full permanency of this position cannot be guaranteed. Should the permanent employee fail to complete the probationary period, such employee has the right to return to their previous position and displace the contingent employee.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Registering patrons for library cards
- Checking library materials in and out
- Answering and routing telephone calls and providing routine information
- Perform basic keyboarding skills and have the ability to use computer programs for circulation functions. Knowledge of Sierra a plus.
- Work independently, accurately, and with attention to detail
- Shelving of Library Materials
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must be reliable and willing to work a flexible schedule
- Position may involve prolonged periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Shift includes Nights and Saturdays. Sundays as needed.
Per Hour: $17.16-$24.50
This is a Union position and is non-civil service. We are a participating employer in the New York State & Local Retirement System.
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, longevity, specialty and training.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/) and references by November 30, 2023.
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please
The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.