Apply by November 30
The Great Neck Library is a multi-branch system seeking an energetic, detail oriented, service driven Librarian/Trainee in the Reference Department for a very active, culturally diverse library system in a highly educated community. The successful candidate will assist patrons in finding books, other materials, and information both on-line and in print, reader’s advisory, digital services, collection development and adult programming. Excellent interpersonal, communication and professional skills are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Database searching, computer assistance, resource selection and collection development, book discussions and book displays.
- Position may involve prolonged periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of First Search, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- MLS or MLIS degree or completion of 6 credits towards an MLS or MLIS degree from an ALA accredited institution
- For Librarian-NYS Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
Part Time - Nights and Saturdays. Sundays as needed.
Starting Salary Range:
Per Hour: $27.00-$40.00 Librarian/ $20.00-$26.00 Trainee
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
We are a participating employer in the New York State & Local Retirement System.
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, longevity, specialty and training.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/) and references by November 30, 2023
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023