Apply by November 30
Main Library - 2 positions / Station Branch - 1 position
The Great Neck Library is seeking friendly, energetic, highly motivated part-time librarian(s)/trainee(s) to provide excellent customer service to children and parents. The successful candidate(s) must be friendly, hard-working and knowledgeable about children’s literature, digital services and video gaming with ability to work a flexible schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide reference, research and reader’s advisory service to parents and children in a busy four location library system
- Collection Development and Book Displays
- Possess a hands-on, working knowledge of digital services and library download services on various devices and be comfortable showing and promoting these services
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects and programs
- Position may involve prolonged periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- MLS or MLIS degree or completion of 6 credits towards an MLS or MLIS degree from ALA an accredited institution
- For Librarian-NYS Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
- Experience working with children required (birth – 6th grade)
Part Time- includes Nights and Saturdays. Sundays as needed.
Per Hour: $27.00-$40.00 Librarian/ $20.00-$26.00 Trainee
This is a Union position and is non-civil service.
We are a participating employer in the New York State & Local Retirement System.
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, longevity, specialty and training.
Reply with resume, cover letter, completed GNL employment application (found here - https://greatnecklibrary.org/employment/) and references by November 30, 2023
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023