Apply by September 26
The Patchogue-Medford Library is seeking a dynamic, passionate, patient, creative and organized part-time Teen Librarian or Librarian Trainee to work with our friendly and diverse community.
This position is for 10-16 hours per week and includes daytime hours, evening hours and weekend rotation. Flexibility is a must.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Providing advisory, library informational, reference and referral services; and technology assistance to teens and other library patrons
- Conducting a variety of educational and creative programs for teens
- Participating in school visits and other local community events
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed by the library
- Desire to work as a team member and collaborate with co-workers on projects or programs
- MLS Degree or currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited library school
- Willing to learn the latest technology and equipment
Starting pay: $30.7961 per hour for Librarian I $26.6030 per hour for Trainee
Interested candidates should email a copy of their resume and cover letter by September 26th to Brian Schwartz, Head of Teen Services, firstname.lastname@example.org