Open Until Filled
The Quogue Library seeks a service oriented, dynamic, and creative librarian to join the Children’s and Young Adult Department. The ideal candidate will be an experienced library leader, with strong customer service skills, and a high level of professionalism.
Benefits & Salary:
Competitive Salary: $65,000 -$70,000 per year, commensurate with experience 35 hours a week, some evenings and weekends required Benefits: NYSHIP Health Insurance (90% Paid by Employer), Dental Insurance Available, Simple IRA Employer Contribution, Longevity Bonus, Partial Tuition Assistance, Paid Vacation, Personal, & Sick time
Duties Include, But Not Limited To:
- Maintaining and reporting statistical data for reports, including the NYS Annual Report
- Managing the Youth Service's Team in their professional development, scheduling and trainings
- Tracking and balancing of the Youth Services department budget.
- Service and circulation work including helping our youngest patrons with technology, readers' advisory, check-in/check-out, and patron account issues
- Strong knowledge of our children's and YA literature
- Leading our teen volunteer/community service program
- Outreach to the community and networking with our school systems.
- Developing, designing, & executing reading initiatives such as the Summer Reading Clubs and 1000 Book Before Kindergarten.
- Collection Development - general and program centric.
- Developing and executing original programming for ages birth through 18.
- Contacting, contract development, and overall communication contact for outside programmers and vendors.
- Overseeing of cataloging, collection development, ordering, and organization
- Attend and participate in professional library conferences and networks; attend and participate in staff meetings
- Administrative duties as determined by the Director, regularly meet with director.
- Other duties as assigned
- ALA- accredited Master’s degree in Library & Information Science (MLIS or MLS)
- Supervisory experience in a public library, with concentration in youth services
- Strong working knowledge of library policy and procedures
- Must be able to work well with others
- Flexible and willing to pitch in when needed around the building
- Able to fulfill tasks to their completion
Please send cover letter and resume to the attn. of Susan McKenna, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org