Apply by September 15
The Plainview-Old Bethpage Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic Librarian dedicated to public service to work in the Children’s Department. The schedule will require up to 17 hours per week and will include nights and Saturday hours as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide point-of-use, electronic, and telephone reference services at our Children’s Service desk.
- Considerable knowledge of modern principles and practices of library services.
- Evaluate and maintain the Children’s collections.
- Proficiency in utilizing current technologies.
- Enjoy interacting with patrons of all ages.
- Experience working with children, teens, and parents.
- Other projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- MLS Degree from an ALA-accredited program and NYS Professional Librarian Certificate or actively enrolled in an accredited MLS program.
- Applicants must possess strong customer service, oral and written communication, and technology skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be a Nassau County Resident.
Hourly Salary Range:
- Librarian: $24.73-$31 per hour Librarian Trainee: $18-$20.74 per hour
This is a Non-Competitive Civil Service position. You do not need to be on a Civil Service list, and you will not be removed from any Civil Service list. Interested candidates may apply by emailing a resume no later than Friday, September 15, 2023 to: email@example.com