The Oceanside Library is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic, dedicated individual to join our team and be part of cutting-edge programming, children’s reference services, outreach and emerging technologies.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs Children’s Reference Desk duties and provides library services to children of all ages from birth through sixth grade, teachers, parents/caregivers, schools and special populations in the community.
- Plans and presents programs on-site, off-site, and virtually, in group settings, such as storytimes, book discussions, class visits, scout visits, specialty programs and informational programs about library resources to serve the ever-changing needs of the library community. Also, assists the Department Head to plan and coordinate outreach activities and events.
- Assist patrons with online program registration.
- Participate in ordering and weeding of the children’s collection as well as compiling themed bibliographies using print and online resources.
- Provides assistance to library users on computers/technology items, mobile devices and apps. Connects library users and trains staff as needed on new emerging technologies. Also responsible for the set-up and take down of technology equipment as needed.
- Attends meetings/workshops as requested by the Department Head.
- Assists with supervising volunteers as needed.
- MLS Degree in Library Science from ALA Accredited program or currently enrolled in an ALA Accredited Library Science program.
- NYS Public Librarian’s Certificate.
- Excellent customer service and hospitality, presentation and technology skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new emerging technologies, and work cooperatively and collaboratively. Ability to work on an individual basis and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of SIERRA/EventKeeper is a plus.
- MUST be willing to work a flexible schedule – daytime, evening, weekend shifts.
Oceanside Library is an Association Library and is not subject to Civil Service requirements.
Oceanside Library is a member of the New York State Retirement System. EOE.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org