Open Until Filled
The East Hampton Library, located on Long Island’s East End, is seeking a full-time Children’s Librarian. The successful candidate must possess good communication skills and be able to work well with staff and the public to help build on a solid base of high quality service. The East Hampton Library is an association library that serves a community of 20,463 year-round residents which triples in the summers.
- Provide friendly reference services to children and their families
- Planning and conducting children’s programs
- Collection development
- Flexibility is a must
- A genuine desire and ability to work well with children
- Prior experience working with children in a library
- Knowledge of computer applications for library services
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Candidate must have a MLS/MLIS degree from an ALA-accredited library school or enrollment in an ALA-accredited MLS program.
HOURS AND BENEFITS:
35 hours per week including an evening and weekend rotation.
Salary: $62,000 with a benefit package including 3 Personal Days, 12 Sick Days, 21 Vacation Days, 12 paid federal holidays, 1 Floating Holiday, NYSHIP health insurance with 100% paid for individual coverage, Retirement plan with 10% annual contribution, 403B plan and a Flexible Spending Account.
Position will remain open until filled. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter, via email, to:
Head of Children’s Services
East Hampton Library
(631) 324-0222 ext. 2