The West Islip Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic librarian or librarian trainee for a part-time Reference and Adult Service position.
Skills and abilities should include:
- Ability to provide reference and readers’ advisory services to library users.
- Knowledge of and comfort with computer technology, mobile devices, scanners, and online database systems.
- Ability to problem solve and understand the needs of library users.
- MLS/MLIS from ALA-accredited school.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Mastery and understanding of all user-based technologies.
Weekend rotation is a must, in addition to possible day or evening hours. Please include the hours you are available in your cover letter, including day and evening availability. Please send all resumes to Maureen Heuer, Head of Adult Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org