Apply by February 18
The Hampton Library in Bridgehampton is seeking an energetic librarian to join our Youth Services Department. The successful candidate will love reading, and he/she/they will have a passion for excitement, shenanigans, and community involvement. This position will include weekdays, nights, rotating Saturdays and Sundays as needed. Those currently enrolled in Library School are encouraged to apply.
- MLS (or equivalent) degree or currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited library program
- Strong communication skills and public service orientation
- The ability to perform both independently and as a team member
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Flexibility in job duty procedures and have the ability to tolerate and embrace change
- Conducting in-library and off-campus class visits and providing outreach services enthusiastically with the community
- Designing and implementing creative youth programming to facilitate a love of reading and learning, including story times and other activities, for ages birth through tween
- Providing reference assistance and reader’s advisory services by competently searching and teaching others how to use a broad range of print and electronic resources
- Evaluating materials and services and assists in the selection of materials for library acquisition
- Performs a full range of circulation desk duties including but not limited to issuing library cards, checking materials in and out, reserving books, and preparing materials for interlibrary loan
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- $60,060, 35 hours per week – Monday-Friday with rotating Saturdays and Sundays, as needed
Trainee salary commensurate with credits completed
Generous benefit package including NYSHIP health benefits, TIAA 403b retirement plan and paid time off. This is not a civil service position.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to Shannon Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 18. Please put “Youth Services Librarian” in the subject line.
Note: The Hampton Library has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees. New hires must be fully vaccinated with exemptions only for valid medical or religious reasons, in which case, the employee must submit negative test results weekly.
The Hampton Library in Bridgehampton is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.