Assist in the delivery of library services and in daily maintenance operations at the Health Sciences Library in Central Islip
- Provide reference and bibliographical services including assistance in the use of library resources, services, and direction in locating information and utilizing resources and services available on and off campus.
- Participate in the daily operations of a library including facilities and collection maintenance, materials reception, reconciliation, record keeping, and tabulation.
- Assistant must make every effort to ensure the library atmosphere should be one of cooperation, civility, and collegiality.
- Assist in the delivery of library services, programs, and daily maintenance operations
- Perform duties as assigned and contribute to the overall efficiency of the library
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook
- Shelving books and shelf reading
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities
- Knowledge of bibliographic databases searching
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize work
- Knowledge of Sierra is a plus but training is provided.
- Strong computer skills a must
- Able to lift up to 10 lbs.
- M-Th 1pm-8:30pm; Sun 8am-4pm
225 Eastview Drive, Central Islip, NY 11722
Apply for this position at the following link: