The Roosevelt Public Library is seeking a friendly, energetic, highly motivated part-time librarian to provide excellent customer service to our community.
- Provide a high level of enthusiastic customer service
- Commitment to a training and learning environment under the supervision of full-time librarians
- Provide all reference services
- Utilize Sierra and other current technologies
- Help patrons with locating materials and basic reference questions
- Ability to manage phone calls and in-person requests simultaneously
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills for working collaboratively on library outreach and events
- Promote Library services and programming
- Perform readers’ advisory services and participate in book discussion groups
- Perform other duties as assigned
- MLS Degree in Library and Information Science
- NYS Public Librarian’s Certificate
Starting Salary: $25 per hour
Schedule: 19.5 hours/week, including Evenings and Weekends
Please email your cover letter and resume to Dr. Lambert Shell, Library Director at email@example.com
This is a non-competitive Civil Service position
Candidates’ names will not be removed from the Civil Service list.
Roosevelt Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
27 West Fulton Avenue, Roosevelt, New York 11575
Telephone: (516) 378-0222 • Fax: (516) 377-3238