Apply by October 7
The Westbury Memorial Public Library and the Historical Society of the Westburys are looking for a part-time Curator to care for and cultivate the history of the Westburys and Carle Place.
The Curator shall:
- Be empowered to make decisions, including those regarding acquisitions, displays, and appropriate utilization of the collection, with the sole reservation that they should not be in conflict with the purpose of the Westbury Memorial Public Library.
- Discover and collect materials illustrating the local history for incorporation in the Historical Collection of the Westbury Memorial Public Library, so that they can be displayed and made available to students and the general public.
- Hold meetings, lectures, and discussions and engage in any other activities promoting the study of local history.
- Attend monthly meetings of the Historical Society of the Westburys.
- Assist users with inquiries regarding the collection.
- Managing volunteers who assist with the collection.
Maximum of 32 hours per month
Schedule: to be determined with successful candidate
Resumes should be emailed to Tracy Van Dyne, Director
at firstname.lastname@example.org October 7, 2022.
The Westbury Memorial Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.