Apply by September 23
The Great Neck Library is seeking a friendly, approachable full time circulation clerk to greet, guide and assist our patrons in person and on the telephone.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Registering patrons for library cards
- Checking library materials in and out
- Answering and routing telephone calls and providing routine information
- Perform basic keyboarding skills and have the ability to use computer programs for circulation functions. Knowledge of Sierra a plus.
- Work independently, accurately, and with attention to detail
- Shelving of Library Materials
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Must be reliable and willing to work a flexible schedule
- Position may involve prolong periods of sitting and lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Full time – 35 hours/week, includes one night plus Saturday rotation.
- Sundays as needed.
Starting Salary Range:
The starting salary is $40,000 commensurate with experience and qualifications plus full benefit package. This is a Union Position and is non-civil service.
Reply with resume, cover letter, and references by 9/23/2022:
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please
The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.