Apply by August 19
The Syosset Public Library seeks a friendly and enthusiastic librarian to work in our Reference and Readers’ Services departments. This is a part-time, 17-hour per week position that requires scheduling flexibility and will include daytime and evening hours, every other Saturday and one Sunday per month. This is a non-competitive Civil Service position.
- Provide reference, research and readers advisory services to adults and teens;
- Provide technology assistance with computers, 3D printers and digital devices;
- Participate in the selection of Library materials including print and online resources;
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate issued by the State of New York;
- Must be a Nassau County resident.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working in Adult Services and knowledge of adult literature;
- Excellent customer service and written communication skills;
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies, skills and to think outside the box;
- Knowledge of Sierra, research databases, and social media is a plus.
- Range $28 - $33 per hour, depending on experience.
Email resume to Edward Goldberg, Head of Reference
email@example.com by August 19, 2022.