Apply by August 12
The West Babylon Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, customer-service oriented and engaging Part-Time Librarian or Part-Time Librarian Trainee for an Adult Services position. This qualified candidate should possess 6-months plus of professional librarian experience.
• Ability to provide outstanding reference, reader’s advisory, and referral services to all ages
• Collection Development Experience
• Demonstrate and promote the Library’s digital services
• Demonstrate and promote our Library of Things
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Exhibit a positive attitude towards patrons and coworkers
• Experience providing technology assistance to patrons
• Willingness to work as a team member
• Maintains a commitment to sustainable workplace and professional practices throughout the Library
• Occasionally staff a busy Children’s Reference Desk
• MLS from an accredited Library School and a valid New York State Public Librarian Certificate or Librarian Trainee with 6-months plus of Public Library experience
• Flexibility is needed
• Ability to work 17 hours weekly that includes several evenings and weekend shifts
• Librarian Trainee salary starting at $28.54 and increasing depending on number of credits
• P/T Librarian $32.03 hourly.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by Friday, August 12, 2022 to Nicole Haas, Adult & Technical Services Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your schedule availability as well as two references.