Description of Position
Responsibilities include performing a variety of clerical duties related to the acquisition, receiving, and processing of library materials. This a full time senior clerk position that reports to the Technical Services Coordinator.
- Order materials as assigned
- Enter and maintain accurate records within a cataloging software
- Receive and check in library materials ordered by other library staff members
- Process library materials and prepare items for circulation
- Report & keep monthly statistics
- Maintain a log of backorders and invoices to assist bookkeeping
- Repair library materials as needed
- Assist with weeding projects using circulation reports
- Delete materials from the cataloging software when necessary
- Count cash drawer and other register operation procedures as needed
- Communicate with vendors
- Cooperation with other library staff and departments
- Perform a variety of clerical tasks with speed and accuracy
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- A working knowledge of the library OPAC, functions within Sierra, and computer applications for library services
- Detail orientated and organized
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of physical activity, including bending/stooping, standing, walking, reaching and carrying. Able to lift, push, pull or move products, supplies or equipment up to 50lbs
- Full time 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- NYS retirement system, Empire NYSHIP health insurance, earned vacation, personal & sick time
- Starting salary $17.77 per hour effective July 1, 2022
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your letter of interest and resume by 5 pm Friday July 8, 2022.