Circulation Desk and Technical Services- 17 hours
Mineola Library, Mineola, NY (Nassau County) seeks an enthusiastic and customer friendly typist/clerk.
- Provide a high level of enthusiastic customer service.
- Regular shifts at circulation desk performing checkouts, check-ins, renewals and library card registrations.
- Regular shifts in technical services preparing library materials for circulation.
- Utilize Sierra and other current technologies.
- Help patrons with basic questions.
- Ability to manage phone calls and in-person requests simultaneously.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate. Library experience a plus. Placement on civil service list not required.
- This position requires a combination of days and evenings totaling 17 hours per week based on the needs of the department.
- Some Saturday work may be required
- Flexibility a plus.
To be considered for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to:
Charles Sleefe, Director