Description of Position:
An employee in this class supports multiple departments, including Circulation, Computer Lab, Adult Services, Youth and Family Services, and general information regarding the library’s services. Reports to the Network & Systems Administrator.
Salary $15.90 Per Hour
1. Assists and trains patrons in use of computers, printers, copiers, scanners and fax machines.
2. Assist patrons with the basic use of internet resources and standard computer softwares.
3. Execute opening and closing procedures successfully.
4. Enforce the library’s policies concerning the use of public computers and computer equipment.
5. Maintain department equipment in good working condition.
6. Answer telephone calls in a courteous manner.
7. Attend appropriate meetings, workshops, and seminars.
8. Perform library circulation and service desk duties; use an automated system (Sierra), register new borrowers, and may collect fines and fees.
9. Assisting patrons in locating library materials.
10. Assist patrons with readers' advisory.
11. Order and maintain records for library books and materials; assists in routine cataloging of library books and materials; create and maintain program records, meeting room use paperwork, and statistics.
Qualifications & Abilities
● High school graduate or equivalent.
● Background or interest in working with computers, both hardware and software.
● Willingness to explore and research solutions to computer problems as they arise.
● Ability to train/assist others in use of equipment, software, and related items.
● Ability to interact with patrons and staff of all ages in a positive and patient manner
● Good Communication skills, both verbal and written.
● Ability to work some nights and weekend hours.
● Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform job duties.
● Knowledge of Sierra Integrated Library System is highly desirable.
Job descriptions are meant to be general guides to the duties and responsibilities of the job and are not intended to list every possible task an employee may be called upon to perform.
Interested candidates should email a letter of intent & resume to