(3 Positions Available-Station, Parkville and Main Library)
We are looking for energetic, highly motivated part-time librarian(s) who believe in providing excellent customer service to children and parents. The successful candidate(s) must be friendly, hard-working and knowledgeable about children’s literature, digital services and video gaming. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work well under pressure.
- Experience working with children (birth – 6th grade) and parents
- Ability to provide reference, research and reader’s advisory service to parents and children in a busy 4 location library system
- A hands-on, working knowledge of digital services and library download services on various devices and be comfortable showing and promoting these services
- Desire to work as a team and collaborate with co-workers on projects and programs as well as develop and conduct innovative programs for children independently
- MLS or MLIS from ALA accredited institution or completion of 12 credits towards the degree
- For Librarians-New York State Public Librarian’s Professional Certificate required at time of employment
includes nights and Saturday. Sundays are on a voluntary basis.
Starting Salary Range:
Part Time: $25.90 per hour Librarian/$22.07 per Trainee
This is a Union Position.
Reply with resume, cover letter, and references by 1/26/2022:
Great Neck Library
159 Bayview Ave.
Great Neck, NY 11023
No Phone Calls Please
The Great Neck Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.