The Hampton Library in Bridgehampton seeks an Executive Director who is an innovative leader and creative problem solver. The successful candidate will lead collaboratively on current and future endeavors, seize the opportunity to develop and implement a strategic vision, and maintain a strong commitment to providing resources and services that profoundly impact and benefit the community we serve.
The Hampton Library in Bridgehampton serves the informational, educational and entertainment needs of the Bridgehampton and Sagaponack communities and its neighboring districts through its diverse collection of traditional and not so traditional library materials and its robust offering of programs. The Hampton Library is an integral part of the community and collaborates often with its local schools, businesses and other cultural institutions.
The Executive Director is responsible for the stewardship of the Library and its resources with the assistance of a talented and dedicated staff, committed Board of Trustees, and a supportive and thriving community. Requirements include:
- MLS or MLIS degree from an accredited institution;
- New York State Librarian Certification, or eligibility for Certification;
- Administrative, Managerial and Leadership experience through times of change;
- Experience setting and managing a budget;
- Experience creating and implementing policy;
- Knowledge of Library law and HR legislation;
- Familiarity with hiring, supervising, and mentoring staff across departments;
- A passion for cultivating talent and encouraging professional growth;
- Experience promoting and providing library service within the community;
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Successful experience with fundraising, and forging and maintaining donor relationships;
- Experience in writing, securing and managing grants;
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion;
- A commitment to Intellectual Freedom and Access to Information for all;
- A commitment to professional development and continuing education for self and staff;
- The ability to successfully engage with a diverse and evolving community;
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating innovative services.
This fulltime, salaried position requires collaboration with local organizations and public-facing involvement in community events, including some weekend and evening hours. Salary range of $115,000-$130,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health insurance through NYSHIP, TIAA 403(b) retirement plan, paid vacation and sick leave.
Please send a resume, the names and contact information for three professional references, and a full letter of application in .pdf format to email@example.com by January 21, 2022.
The Hampton Library has a mandatory vaccination policy for all employees. Every new hire must be fully vaccinated with exemptions only for valid medical or religious reasons, in which case, the employee must submit negative test results weekly.
The Hampton Library in Bridgehampton is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.