The Freeport Memorial Library is seeking a Librarian Trainee to fill a part-time position in our Youth Services Department. The ideal candidate should be a friendly, approachable, customer service orientated, forward thinking individual with an unshakable positive attitude.
Skills and abilities should include:
- Knowledge of and comfort with computer technology and online database systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function as a team member in the planning and implementation of projects.
- Tact and courtesy in dealing with staff and the public.
- Providing reference and readers advisory services to library users of all ages, but position is in the Youth Services Department.
- Evaluation, acquisition, and selection of library materials.
- Forming and maintaining positive work relationships with coworkers, library users, and community organizations.
- Candidate must be enrolled in an ALA-accredited institution.
- Nassau County residency required.
Up to 17 hours per week, including 2 evening shifts per week, and Saturdays as needed.
$18.50 per hour
Interested candidates may apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to email@example.com attn: Ms. Roseann Podias or Ms. Cindy Soto.