Seeking a dynamic and experienced librarian to provide the community with the best possible materials, reference, and information services available. The person in this position will work under the supervision of the Head of Reference.
Weekdays including up to two nights a week, two Saturdays a month and Sundays as needed.
- Provide assistance to patrons with reference and reader’s advisory services through print and digital resources.
- Provide technology assistance with computers and other digital devices. Responsible for scheduled coverage at the Reference Desk.
- Assist with collection development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- M.L.S. from an A.L.A. accredited school.
- Prior adult reference services experience in a public library is preferred.
- Excellent computer skills as related to libraries is required.
- Knowledge of public library databases is required.
- Knowledge of Sierra, Canva and Microsoft Office is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to form effective working relationships with staff and public is necessary.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
Minimum Starting salary:
$32.24 per hour
We are a member of the New York State Retirement System. This is not a Civil Service position.
Send Resume by Wednesday Dec 1 to Julie Klein, Head of Reference
ATTENTION: PLEASE DO NOT FAX RESUMES.