Seeking enthusiastic, self-starters, with experience working with children and who possess a strong background in children’s books and media as well as children’s electronic databases. This part time position (15-17 hours per week) will include weekdays, nights and weekends as needed.
- Providing assistance to patrons with reference and reader’s advisory needs through print, non-print and electronic sources.
- Conducts children’s story times, class visits, and shares in liaison activities with the community.
- Assist with the design and promotion of library programs for children.
- May participate in selection of new materials.
- Performs librarian related tasks necessary to carry out the department’s functions.
- MLS from an ALA accredited program.
- Library experience in children’s services.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to form working relationships with staff and public.
- Excellent computer and organizational skills as related to libraries is required.
- Knowledge of Sierra, our integrated library system, Microsoft Office and Event keeper.
- Electronic database experience is desirable.
$32.24 per hour
We are member of the New York State Retirement System. This is not a Civil Service position. Email resume by Wednesday, Dec 1st to Michelle Minervini at firstname.lastname@example.org