Under the direction of the Business Services Supervisor this staff member will provide direct support for the SLED (Bus - Mobile Library Service Outlet) and Lending Library items.
- Accompanies the SLED during remote library-related events.
- Photos/Records/Documents events while accompanying the SLED.
- Provides technical support to member library staff during library-related events. 4. Understands the function and operation of Lending Library items.
- Supports the Business Services Supervisor as needed.
- Organizes, sanitizes and maintains items as they are returned from member library loan. 2. Assist in media conversion and poster printing.
- Assist in document preparation for SLED and Lending Library items.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, both verbal and written. 2. Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with others.
- Proficiency with computers and hand-held devices.
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions.
- Ability to work independently or in a group setting.
- Ability to make Sustainable work-related decisions.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- College graduate or equivalent.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training to indicate ability to do the work. 3. Valid NYS driver’s license.
SCLS is a 56-member library system in Suffolk County, NY. We are a supportive employer with opportunities to learn and grow in this position. Starting salary for this position is $16.00 per hour. Hours are flexible with nights and weekends required (as needed).
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Suffolk Cooperative Library System Human Resources Office at email@example.com