The Emma S. Clark Memorial Library is seeking two energetic, service-oriented librarians to join a dynamic Adult Services team. Both positions require working regular afternoon and rotating weekend shifts including at least one Saturday and one Sunday per month. One position includes a regular Thursday evening shift. Librarians will average 10-15 hours per week. Scheduling flexibility is a plus.
- Completed MLS (or equivalent) degree or currently enrolled in an ALA accredited library school.
- Strong communication skills and public service orientation
- Technology skill set appropriate for an information professional in today’s constantly changing environment
- Comfort using, and assisting others to use, computers and mobile devices to access library services and information
- Ability to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
- Providing reference assistance and reader’s advisory services by competently searching, and teaching others how to search, a broad range of print and electronic resources
- Training and assisting patrons to function in the digital age and access online library services from a variety of portable devices
$31.68/hour Mondays – Saturdays
Trainee salary commensurate with credits completed.
This is not a civil service position. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by Tuesday, November 30, 2021, to Joan Kahnhauser, Head of Adult Services, firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line Part-Time Position.
NOTE: The Library has a mandatory vaccination directive for all employees. New hires must be fully vaccinated with exemptions only for valid medical or religious reasons, in which case the employee must submit negative test results weekly.