Part-Time Librarian Trainee Position – Children’s Department
The Rockville Centre Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic Librarian Trainee to work in our active Children’s Department. Ideal candidates should be comfortable conducting programs for early readers and their caregivers, and possess knowledge of children’s books, media, and online databases. Outstanding customer service and teamwork is expected.
- Every other Saturday 9am–5pm
- On-call availability a plus
- Sunday hours available at premium rate
Duties and skills include but are not limited to:
- Assist children and adults with finding and using library materials and resources
- Plan and conduct storytimes, craft programs and other children’s programs
- Assist with collection development
- Developing booklists, bibliographies and other tools
- Collaborating and contributing to new programs and services
- Experience with Encore, Sierra, Overdrive and Eventkeeper a plus
Salary: $23 per hour
Email a cover letter and resume to Susan Finck, Assistant Director: sfinck@ rvcpl.org.
No phone calls please.
This is a non-competitive Civil Service position.
The Rockville Centre Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.