The John Jermain Memorial Library, located in historic Sag Harbor, seeks applicants for a full time Emerging Technologies Librarian to join our innovative reference team. The successful candidate will promote the library’s mission through patron and staff support, public outreach, and digital initiatives.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Reference services and technology education (public and staff);
- Maintaining institutional resources & identifying hardware & software needs;•
- Collaborating with contractors and vendors;
- Discovering, suggesting and implementing developing technologies across departments;• Troubleshooting issues with staff and public computers, printers, copiers, etc.;
- Creating monthly technology statistical reports;
- Maintaining website, and social media platforms;
- A commitment to professional development and continuing education.
Required skills include:
- MLS or MLIS degree from an accredited institution;
- New York State Librarian Certification;
- Flexibility and a collaborative spirit;
- Experience working within the intersection of technology and reference services;• Familiarity with both Mac and PC platforms;
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, WordPress, and Google Suite management;• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
This fulltime, salaried position requires evening and weekend hours, as well as public-facing professional duties, including support of the library’s reference services. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include NYSHIP health insurance, TIAA CREF retirement plan, paid vacation and sick leave, and a partial-tuition reimbursement program. Please send resume and letter of application to Catherine Creedon, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9/21/2021.
John Jermain Memorial library celebrates the diversity of our community, and warmly welcomes applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, nationality or ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.