Maintain a warm, nurturing, and inclusive library space to encourage learning, reading, inquiry, and collaboration.
Collaborate with TSH Educators to develop and implement a library curriculum in which Learners become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, curators, and ethical users of information.
Manage the Library collection, reading widely and actively collaborating with Educators in the selection and deselection of resources that support curriculum and independent reading; ensure that the library collection is current, relevant, and diverse.
Plan and implement Storytimes for Lower Primary classes, and book discussions with Elementary Learners.
Suggest books and other resources to TSH Learners, Educators and families to support curricular and research needs, independent reading, and lifelong learning.
Create instructional resources using library guides and other platforms.
Develop, manage, and promote library events and programs for the TSH community.
Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited
• Experience working with children, preferably within a school library setting
• Experience working in a Montessori environment and/or with Reggio Emilia
Experience working with Follett's Library Management Software, Destiny
• Excellent interpersonal skills with children as well as adults
Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Passionate about promoting the love of libraries, reading, and lifelong learning
Commitment to ongoing professional development
• Proficient in Google applications
106 Vernon Valley Rd, East Northport NY