We are looking for a dynamic, smart, caring individual to run our new library in our new school, The School House - South Shore. Full-time, from August to June. We must open our new School House in September. Start immediately.
- Maintain a warm, nurturing, and inclusive library space to encourage learning, reading, inquiry, and collaboration.
- Collaborate with TSH Educators to develop and implement a library curriculum in which Learners become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skillful researchers, curators, and ethical users of information.
- Manage the Library collection, reading widely and actively collaborating with Educators in the selection and deselection of resources that support curriculum and independent reading; ensure that the library collection is current, relevant, and diverse.
- Plan and implement Storytimes for Lower Primary classes, and book discussions with Elementary Learners.
- Suggest books and other resources to TSH Learners, Educators and families to support curricular and research needs, independent reading, and lifelong learning.
- Create instructional resources using library guides and other platforms.
- Develop, manage, and promote library events and programs for the TSH community.
- Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited program
- Experience working with children, preferably within a school library setting
- Experience working in a Montessori environment and/or with Reggio Emilia approach
- Experience working with Follett's Library Management Software, Destiny
- Excellent interpersonal skills with children as well as adults
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Passionate about promoting the love of libraries, reading, and lifelong learning
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Proficient in Google applications
Interested candidates can contact Chris Boshnack @ email@example.com, 631-261-9000.