The Port Washington Public Library Seeks A:
Bilingual (Spanish Speaking) Librarian Trainee
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Department
This Part-Time position is for 17 hours per week. Pay is $25.65 per hour. Ideal candidates will have the following skills and be responsible for the following tasks:
• Fluent Spanish language skills, including speaking and writing, are required.
• Serves in a team of liaisons between the Library and the Spanish-speaking community.
• High proficiency in Zoom, Google Drive, and Microsoft office required.
• Performs collection development and book ordering, specifically for the Library’s foreign language collection.
• Prepares Library displays and informational handouts.
• Assists patrons at public service desks, performs reader’s advisory, and compiles book lists.
• Conducts book talks, workshops, discussions, and story times.
• Clerical duties, including but not limited to, maintaining online calendars, responding to correspondence, ordering supplies.
• Job tasks may require both onsite and/or “work from home” activity, for safety reasons.
• Candidates should have availability during the day and occasional nights and weekends.
• Candidates must currently be accepted to or enrolled in a Library Science Graduate Program.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Kate Monsour - Monsour@pwpl.org